I never thought i’d say this but i’m over New York. Yes, it’s absolutely out of this world. It’s crazy, entertaining and has everything you could possibly imagine but here’s my take on New York: It’s not Toronto. I love this city so much and would never want to live anywhere else. Despite our long winters, below average public transportation service, gridlock issues and of course cracked out mayor, Toronto is everything I want in a city.
As for New York though, I did check out some pretty awesome neighbourhoods and see some cool stuff.
We managed to visit the famous New York Public Library where the Sex and the City wedding scene was shot. We also saw Central Park and walked down 5th Avenue, visited a lot of stores and ate great brunches at a few venues. Here is a list of the cool places I’d highly recommend if you’re ever in New York:
- Stay at Yotel – This modern and chic hotel from-the-future is truly magnificent and located conveniently at the corner of 10th and 42nd Street. You’ve got a 24/7 CVS store right in front of the hotel, an awesome bar that turns into a night club on weekends – excluding Sundays – and a beautiful patio for those visiting in the summer.
- Check out Barcade – If you’re an 80’s game fan definitely give this cute little Brooklyn bar a shot. Mind you, it does get hot in there so dress approriately.
- Go to Williamsburg – I mean hipster heaven is probably here. The artsy fartsy wine and dine here in this borough of New York. It’s a lovely place and if you’re hungry why not check out Juliette Restaurant? This cute little French bistro has a garden, sidewalk and rooftop patio – what more could you ask for? Try any of the brunch dishes – they’re all delish and enjoy some Duvel beer, mimosa or a cafe latte 🙂
- Opt for the Chrysler building and not Empire State – Getting up any of these building will take time but if you want a really great view of the city go to the top of the Chrysler building. This way, the Empire State building can also be in your photos!
- The Standard – Well if you’re into the whole posh thing, I’d suggest trying a dress up night at the Standard Hotel. You’re bound to run into at least 5 millionaires. Do keep in mind cocktails here cost at least 20 dollars.
- Grab a bite at Shake Shack but opt for the Maddison Square location – To avoid long line ups and get your burger on with no hassle, try the Shake Shack location at Maddison Square. Sit in the garden and people watch under the lovely New York sun 🙂
Well, that’s it for the recommendations lovelies. I really hope you enjoy New York as much as I did.
Till next time…