Historically rich, Berlin has long been on my bucket list. I debated seeing this magical city with a friend or partner for quite sometime and finally took the plunge. I am going solo. I’ve decided I am way too selfish to share Berlin with anyone. I have a long list of things to do and places to see. I don’t think anyone could possibly be as historically obsessed with Berlin as I am.
So, my ticket is for May 6th and I am super excited. I’ve already started following Berlin-based blogs. Namely, Stil in Berlin, UBerlin, I Love Berlin and IHeartBerlin.
I’ve learned a ton about the city through reading these awesome blogs and want to share my list of places to see before I actually see them.
For now, here are my top 10 must-see spots in Berlin: (disclaimer: this list does not include the typical touristy places in Berlin)
1) Ostel Hostel Berlin (cheap stay in DDR themed hotel)
2) Watergate Club – some necessary Berlin-style dancing
3) Silo Coffee (breakfast – No brunch in Berlin just yet)
4) Ban Ban (Korean food) – Berliners love Korean food!
5) Aunt Benny – I sure do love my breakfast
6) Freiluftkino (open air cinema) – All you’ll need is a blanket 🙂
7) Father Carpenter Coffee
8) Berlin Biking Food Tour – How awesome is this though? Toronto needs something like this!
9) Dottir – Scandinavian food
10) Berlin Alternative Tour – Cause who wants to see the typical stuff..right?
The next best thing: German beer happens to be a favourite of mine 🙂